Dr Walker offers a wide variety of comprehensive gastroenterological services. Outpatient consulting is provided in our private rooms at the Gold Coast Private Hospital Specialists Suites in Southport. Inpatient consultation is offered at the Gold Coast Private and Pindara Private Hospitals.
Please follow the links on the patient information page to discover more about the services offered.
Download our online PDF
PRE PROCEDURE DIABETES MANAGEMENT
Oral Hypoglycaemics (diabetes tablets)
- Do not take your diabetes medication the morning of the procedure.
- Please bring your medication with you to your procedure.
- You will be able to take your usual diabetes medication following the procedure when you resume a normal diet.
- Please take your normal medication.
- Remember, you may consume apple juice and Gatorade-type drinks while on your clear-liquid diet to maintain your “sugars”.
- Take half the evening short acting insulin
- Take three-quarters of the evening Lantus insulin
- Take half the evening long acting insulin (if not using Lantus)
- Do not take your morning insulin
MAKE AN APPOINTMENT
Or visit our clinic at Gold Coast Private Hospital, Suite 8, Ground Floor, 14 Hill Street, Southport QLD 4215
Gold Coast Private Hospital
Suite 8, Ground Floor
14 Hill Street, Southport QLD 4215
Parking stations are accessed from Innovation Drive (off Parklands Drive). There are additionally 20 minute drop-off zones for your convenience. For more information on parking and transport options, please